Re: [Nmh-workers] Line wrapping in mhl

2012-01-25 18:50:58
Hi Ken,

As an aside, I use repl's -format, i.e. each line prefixed with `> '
with no wrapping and so no issues

So, what does your repl format file look like?  I ask because I was
curious how you turn off the line wrapping.

    $ grep repl ~/.mh_profile
    repl: -cc all -form replgroupcomps -format
    $

My replgroupcomps is broadly similar to the system one.  I think it's
the -format that stops the wrapping;  repl(1):

    If the switch -format is given, then a default message filter file
    is used.  This default message filter should be adequate for most
    users.  This default filter “mhl.reply” is:

        ; mhl.reply
        ;
        ; default message filter for `repl' (repl -format)
        ;
        body:component="> ",overflowtext="> ",overflowoffset=0

    which outputs each line of the body of the message prefaced with the
    “>” character and a space.

I have ~/mail/mhl.reply but again, nothing deviating from the system one
which matches the man page above.

Cheers, Ralph.