[Nmh-workers] Line wrapping in mhl

2012-01-25 14:51:32
So this has bugged me for probably forever.

Putting aside the crappy MIME handling, one of my biggest annoyances when
doing repl on a message is that when lines are long, they get wrapped poorly.
Basically, right now if they exceed the column width they are broken at that
point.  To me, this sucks.

Fixing this requires some subtle surgery to mhl, which doesn't look
terrible.  But it begs the question ... what's the right behavior?
Break at a space?  If so, what should we do about the "next" line?
I confess to being a bit unsure.  If we have format=flowed, yes,
the decision is easy (mhl doesn't know about that just yet, but it
could).  But it seems right now that modern mail programs assume
that everybody is doing line wrapping and paragraph reflowing, and
I'm wondering if we should just get on board with that.

(It goes without saying that this would be adjustable via a mhl format
setting).