[Nmh-workers] Request For New Feature: Unadorned Plus Sign

2012-02-09 09:27:50
David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> writes:

I removed bash-completion (all of it, not just for nmh) from
my system (Fedora 16) because it disabled some completions
that I use frequently.  I don't think it's very useful for
nmh, anyway, because nmh options can be abbreviated.  It
should complete folder names, but didn't for me.

Folder name completion was what I wanted for. I guess that it's not to be.

I would like to request a new nmh feature:

  A pair of consecutive arguments: "+" "string", is regarded as a single
  argument: "+ string".

It would allow shell wild cards, would simplify many scripts and would allow
shell file name completion to be used in nmh commands.

Note: This feature would break what is now either an nmh bug or an undocumented
nmh feature: An unadorned plus sign designates the user's nmh mail directory. If
that capability is deemed important, then '++', or somesuch, could designate the
user's nmh mail directory.

    Norman Shapiro
    798 Barron Avenue
    Palo Alto CA 94306-3109