Re: [Nmh-workers] Request For New Feature: Unadorned Plus Sign

2012-02-11 04:31:56
Ralph Corderoy <ralph(_at_)inputplus(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:
I did work out the tcsh(1) spell for that in another millenium, these
days I use bash as it's what to hand.  I've had a go at what you
requested and it seems to work;  I don't use it myself and haven't tried
to define a bash completion before so be warned.

This has been on my list of things to work out how to do for
years; thanks for saving me the trouble!

    comp_nmh_folder()
    {
        local w=${COMP_WORDS[COMP_CWORD]} &&
        [[ $w == +* ]] && w=${w#+} &&
        COMPREPLY=($(
            folders -fast |

If you have the sort of folder structure I do, that wants to be

              folders -fast -recurse |

            awk -v "w=$w" -v "l=${#w}" 'substr($0, 1, l) == w'
        ))
    }
    complete -P + -F comp_nmh_folder -D

--
Jón Fairbairn
Jon(_dot_)Fairbairn(_at_)cl(_dot_)cam(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk