Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to post

2012-03-12 12:46:18
Right now From: has to be set in components, replcomps, replgroupcomps,
etc.  I currently rely on From: being set from the GECOS and localname:'
option from mts.conf so I don't have to set From: in all those "comp"
files.

If you make the above change, will there be an .mh_profile way to set
the From: in a *single* place?

Technically, it should be "made", as these changes have already been
pushed to master.  I covered this previously, but perhaps it wasn't
clear.

The default components files now add an appropriate From: header
to all drafts (for dist it's Resent-From).  If you have your own
components files then you'll need to change them.  There is a new
mh-format function (%(localmbox)) that you can use to specify the
local mailbox address.  By default this is retrieved from the system
via the "normal" way (GECOS, username, hostname or localname:), but
you can override this in your .mh_profile.

These changes were made a little while ago; the new stuff is the
rejection of drafts without From: headers in them.