Re: [Nmh-workers] whatnow: can't attach because no header field name was given.

2012-03-15 19:58:18
The only portion of the one I have here that seems at all relevant is
this:

      For file names with dot suffixes, the context is scanned for a
      mhshow-suffix- entry for that suffix.  The content-type for
      the part is taken from that context entry if a match is found.
      If no match is found or the file does not have a dot suffix,
      the content-type is text/plain if the file contains only ASCII
      characters or application/octet-stream if it contains characters
      outside of the ASCII range.

Yeah, that's the exact bit.  But like I said, it's rather short and
should contain a reference to mhshow.

I am reading this and immediately asking myself: "Context?  What
context?"

Now that I read that ... context is probably the wrong term (the nmh context
has stuff in it like the current message, folder, etc).  mh-profile(5)
explains that in greater detail, but in this case it should be "profile".

Anyway ... check out the man page for mhshow.  And also mhn.defaults has
an example.

Anyway, even setting that issue aside for a moment, I'm still not seeing
anything in this man page that tells me where to go or what to do if I'd
like NHM to Do The Right Thing for various possible attachment types.
Could you please elaborate for my edification?  If it is easily possible
to make this work right, then I'd like to take a whack at it.

Sure.  Here's a sample line I used in my .mh_profile that I just
tested right now with the attach command; it did exactly what it was
supposed to do.

mhshow-suffix-application/pdf: .pdf