Re: [Nmh-workers] scan %{body} bug?

2012-03-16 17:56:49

Been seeing this, haven't had a chance to track it down. Looking at exmh's
.xmhcache files, I have 145,141 total messages listed in .xmhcache entries,
and
the bug is affecting 3,266 of them. So there's an anectodal value for the
frequency.

...but isn't the body sometimes smaller than the room in the scan listing??
Certainly is for me, but I have cron and at send me reminders a lot.  Anyway...

  $ compute 3266/145141*100
  2.2500
  $ compute 9/602*100
  1.4900

...so perhaps I'd argue it's more than an insignificant nuisance.

Interestingly enough, Ken's 11:35 message did *not* trip over the bug, so
there's some state that's different between your machine and mine.  My first
guess is number/length of Received: headers?

I just removed the Ken's X-Face: header and problem disappeared.  Ditto w/
removing my X-Envelope-From: injected by procmail.  I don't think any more
analysis from me would be useful.  Free samples available by request!

steve