Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.5 release and better repl/MIME handling

2012-03-31 02:51:56
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

I've been living with "par" as my formatproc for a while now, and for
simple cases it's been great.  But it has some unfortunate side effects.
It works "okay" on more modern messages designed to be reflowed (although
I still get q-p equal signs sprinkled throughout the message).  But for
already-repl'able messages, especially ones with source code in them,
it really chews them up.  So it's good for some things, not so good
for others.

But that got me to thinking - maybe I could have a more intelligent
formatproc that could handle MIME?

I haven’t been following the discussion very closely, but what
strikes me is, are you saying that it’s difficult to arrange
(within mh) that a different formatproc is called (for each mime
part) depending on the mime type? So your perl script does this?

--
Jón Fairbairn
Jon(_dot_)Fairbairn(_at_)cl(_dot_)cam(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk