Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.5 release and better repl/MIME handling

2012-03-31 20:48:09
On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 23:51:05 -0400, Ken Hornstein said:

But that got me to thinking - maybe I could have a more intelligent
formatproc that could handle MIME?  Since the formatproc only has
access to the message body (don't ask; that is NOT easily fixable),

It's not as bad as all that - if you have the entire body handy, about the only
three things that you'd really need are the C-T-E from the main headers, the
main MIME type, and if it's a multipart/*, what the bodypart boundary string
is.  And your Perl script already does 2 of those.

Mind you, the hard part is writing the code to figure out what to *do* with
a multipart/alternative that's got a message/rfc822 as one of the parts,
yadda yadda yadda. ;)