Re: [Nmh-workers] Help!

2012-05-24 09:14:26
Ralph wrote:

Is his local SMTP server on jad not involved with passing it onto
his ISP's smarthost then?

I don't think so, based on my possibly faded recollection
of the earlier discussion.

I read it as the other party, mail.eipye.com, rejected it
when jad tried to hand it over so the bounce email is from
jad but it talked directly to the peer.  Norm, it should
probably be talking to your ISP's smarthost and then they
talk to eipye on your behalf.

I think that Norm had configured nmh to send directly to his
ISP's smtp server.  For local mail, he overrides with "send
-server localhost" or something equivalent.

If that's right, my guess is that the override has run amok.

David