Re: [Nmh-workers] Naive Queston About nmh Man Pages

2012-06-05 07:35:39
David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> writes:
Norm wrote:

         configure
         make
         make check
         make install

Therefore, accepting all the defaults.

Than I did  'man scan' and got  'No manual entry for scan'.

Then  I did

     cd /usr/local//nmh
     ln -s share/man man

Now 'man scan" works.

Adding /usr/local/nmh/share/man to your MANPATH environment
variable will allow you to see the nmh man pages (without
adding that symlink).  That corresponds to the
/usr/local/nmh/bin that you already add to your PATH, I
expect.

While you're on the subject, how do I get makewhatis to include
the hierarchy at /usr/local/nmh/share/man, without running
it myself every night via crontab?

    Norman Shapiro