[Nmh-workers] 1.5RC3 no longer honors mts.conf localname setting for Message-ID?

2012-06-05 13:10:58
I notice that Message-IDs are now generated using LocalName(1),
ie, it ignores any "localname" setting from mts.conf.  This seems
bizarre and unfortunate, as surely forcing the Message-ID host part
is one of the main use-cases for setting localname in the first place.

For the moment I intend to carry a local patch to s/1/0/ at those call
sites, but I wonder if this decision could be revisited.  (I failed to
find any discussion of it in the archives, though quite likely I didn't
know what to search for.)

BTW, while I am looking at this, it seems even more bizarre that
LocaleName will apply "localdomain" even when it's ignoring "localname".

                        regards, tom lane