Re: [Nmh-workers] The third release candidate of nmh is nowavailable

2012-06-10 09:33:56
az wrote:

anyway, i ran into a few minor issues, mostly related to the test suite:

the mhshow/test-* and bad-input/test-header tests fail in an
interesting fashion: mhshow uses more and without stdin (at least
the util-linux-)more adds
  "::::::::::::::
  name of file
  ::::::::::::::"

to the output. this breaks the comparison of actual and expected
value.
  but on reflection a 'moreproc: cat' in the dummy .mh_profile for the
tests seems more appropriate.

Done.

* pick/test-pick doesn't survive an existing /dev/tty that is not backed
  by kernel support (-w succeeds but writing fails, and
  set -e makes this terminal...).
  if test -w /dev/tty && echo > /dev/tty; then... fixed this issue for
me.

Done (using "printf ''" instead of echo so nothing is
actually written when it can write).

* format/test-mymbox doesn't work when you build under sudo (or
fakeroot),
  because $LOGNAME is used but %mymbox{text} triggers on the effective
  uid and the comparison fails. for the debian version i removed the
$LOGNAME
  default and go with id -unr.

This had already been fixed, but just on master and not the 1.5
branch.  I copied the master version to the branch.

apart from that there was just one tiny man glitch: install-mh claims to
bein section 8, but its file name (and makefile entry) place it in section
1.

Fixed.

(the debian version also moves nmh and mh-chart into section 7.)

I think that they should be put in section 7, but I'm reluctant
to do that now in the 1.5 cycle.  So I'll just do it on master
for the next release.

Thanks!

David