Re: [Nmh-workers] mhmail is now stable

2012-06-22 09:19:17
David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> writes:
Norm wrote:

David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> writes:

SYNOPSIS
mhmail [addrs ...] [-attach file] [-body text] [-cc addrs ...]
[-from addr] [-header-field name:body] [-subject subject]
[switches for post ... | -profile [switches for send ...]]
[-resent] [-send | -nosend] [-version] [-help]

There can be multiple -attach and -header-field switches.
Also multiple -cc fields?

Yes.  As before, there can be multiple cc addresses, either
in separate -cc switches or together.  So this:

recip1 -cc recip2 recip3 -cc recip4

results in:

To: recip1
Cc: recip2, recip3, recip4

There can be intervening switches between addresses. To
avoid confusion, -attach and -header-field each require
exactly one argument (whoops, that needs to be enforced).
So they can appear multiple times.

An address goes to Cc: if -cc has appeared anywhere on the
command line before it, To: if not.  Again, that behavior
has been retained from compiled mhmail.

Had I realized that, I would have suggested a, sometimes but always, redundant,
-to switch.

    Norman Shapiro