Re: [Nmh-workers] mime-aware filtering?

2012-06-22 09:27:21
but i might have missed something.  the sieve specification seems like
it could do it, but all the implementations seem to be imap-centric,
and live on the server.  again, maybe i missed something.

I think you're right in that slocal probably isn't worth extending to do
what you want.  So to keep it within nmh we'd need a sieve implementation
which is probably a good idea anyway.

Some quick Googling shows me that there are some implementations out there
(libsieve for one), but it's going to be a job to implement it in nmh.
Thankfully it requires that everything be converted interally to UTF-8,
so at least that deals with some of the I18N issues.

To answer your original question ... I don't really know of anything
that does what you want.  Seems like the sieve implementations have
all focused on the server side.  I think the move to IMAP and webmail
has resulted in client-side support for more complex filtering to lag.