Re: [Nmh-workers] mime-aware filtering?

2012-06-23 14:42:40
nmh tools ignore non-numeric filenames, doesn't it?

A possible way to solve the access to MIME parts problem
might be to store the parts as messageNumber.partNumber*
Creation of these parts would be optional, and eat space,
but it would make indexing/grepping easy.

It seems you'd just need a demultiplexer (we have one
already, it just names things a bit differently), and for
rmm plus refile to handle parts if present. That would be
sufficient for things to function I think, but optional
features might be for (mh)show, to use the pre-decoded
parts if present, etc.

Would this not be a workable solution for some of our
common woes?

*Maybe msg.part=filename if supplied