Re: [Nmh-workers] Email access while traveling?

2012-10-24 07:56:55

i think an ssh + mh-v on a laptop is a decent replacement for Exmh.

someday i'll probably make ssh + mh-v work well on driod (won't take much work)
but so far i've avoided owning/wanting a smart phone.  (in fact the impending
smart phone and/or tablet doom was partial motivation for writing mh-v.)

i also use a browser + shellinabox + mh (e.g. from campus kiosks) from time
to time.

another thing: when mostly-disconnected, i cron the inc'ing of new mail and
send the output 4x per day.  then i mostly just glance at the inc output
when i do get a few minutes on-line.

steve
--

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc(_at_)cosgroves(_dot_)us>

What do you all do to access your email while traveling?  I just
got an Android phone.  I would like to be able to get at my email
on my home server, stored in MH message files.  I've used nmh and
exmh for years.  Access from remote locations requires SSH and
X11, which means that I usually need a remote *nux system.

The easiest work-around option for me is to forward email from
selected important individuals to a gmail account, where I can
deal with it using the phone.

I'd really prefer full operability between my phone and my home
email.  But, I don't know how to do that.

I haven't looked for an nmh-droid app.  If there is such a thing,
I would bet that someone on this list wrote it.

What do you people do in such circumstances?

Thanks....

--
Kevin