Re: [Nmh-workers] Email access while traveling?

2012-10-23 15:56:20

On 23 October 2012 at 13:05, Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon(_at_)orthanc(_dot_)ca>
wrote:

On 2012-10-23, at 12:56 PM, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
I'd really prefer full operability between my phone and my home
email.  But, I don't know how to do that.

What do you people do in such circumstances?

About the best you can do is install the UW-IMAP server and
configure it to run against your MH message store.  Note that
this is not perfect, as UW-IMAP doesn't get all the MH folder
semantics right, but it's functional enough to be useful.  (I
forget what the limitations of the #mh driver are.  If you use
this, don't mix command line and IMAP access if you can help
it.)

I'll bet that exmh use counts as command line use in your above
scenario.  That restriction would likely rule this out for me.
I could tolerate the restriction that I use only UW-IMAP while
traveling, and avoid UW-IMAP entirely while home.

The only other real alternative is to install an ssh client on
your device and remotely log in.  This is not practical on a
phone, but might be workable on a tablet.

Yes, I just tried ConnectBot.  It works very well.  But, the
1-point font equivalent doesn't seem all that workable.  Maybe I
could get a pair of brain surgeon binoculars.  A tablet would be
much better for this use.

Thanks!

--
Kevin