Re: [Nmh-workers] colorized/highlighted scan output?

2012-11-01 20:59:27
Ken wrote:

My thinking was to add an extra parameter to fmt_scan() that meant
the buffer size available and limit the output based on both the
number of characters and the total buffer size.

Yup.

My issue is straightforward and doesn't require any user-visible
changes, but I am thinking your issue might.  I am wondering if
you've thought about how you'd make this work; maybe a format escape
that says, "Don't count these characters against the width total?"
Or something else?

I was thinking of looking for ANSI sequences and not counting
them.  But I don't know if that could get into trouble with
multibyte characters.  mbtowc() is too much of a mystery to me.

That format escape would avoid the issue.

David