Re: [Nmh-workers] colorized/highlighted scan output?

2012-11-01 22:13:49
Ken wrote:

But it occurs to me that we shouldn't actually do any of this for a
"don't count this" format escape, because that stuff should live
outside of the normal string handling routines in fmt_scan().  Also,
I'm with Tom that I'm not so crazy about putting knowledge of ANSI
escape sequences directly into fmt_scan(), because who knows if your
terminal supports them?

Agreed.

David, do you want to implement this?

Will do.  Any suggestions on what to call the escape function?
"esc" was might first thought but it might be confusing to
talk about/describe in the man page.  "fmtesc"?  "invisible"?

David