Re: [Nmh-workers] somewhat OT: re procmail or ??

2012-11-23 13:34:55

Am I dinosaur for still using procmail??

Yes, but you're not the only dinosaur here :-).

I mean, is there something better?

I had noticed that procmail hasn't been updated in years, so I added a
task to investigate sieve as a possible replacement.

Since my post, I've subscribed to the procmail ML and found that it certainly
is active (and not high volume.)  Many dinosaurs still lumber around the
internet.

With help, I got my procmail configured to do full logging and wrote a simple
script that basically translates something terse and easily maintainable
(kinda like .maildelivery format) into my procmailrc syntax.  So I'm good
to go for another decade or two, I think.

steve
--

$ grep nmh procmailrc.meta
^To:.*nmh                                       mh