Re: [Nmh-workers] rmmproc Not Used for Lots of Messages; refile Copies.

2012-11-24 09:44:30
   rmm: more than 998 messages for rmmproc exec

So ... looks like this has been that way forever.  Right now all
calls to execve() and friends are limited to MAXARGS arguments
(which is currently defined as 1000).  Ok, 1 for argv[0], one for
the trailing NULL, that's how we end up at 998.

As I read it ... the actual limit for execve() isn't the number of
arguments, it's the total number of bytes in the argv[] (and environ[])
array.  But I think capping the limit at MAXARGS is fine; hasn't caused us
any problems yet (well, other than this one).

rmmproc: rmmproc

I take it "rmmproc" is your own script?

If there is no rmmproc then the unlink/rename happens internally and isn't
subject to the MAXARGS limit.

I guess the simplest thing to do would be to keep calling rmmproc
over and over until you process all of the arguments.  That sound
alright to you?