Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshowing a specific mime part

2012-12-06 10:43:34
i wrote:
ralph wrote:
 > Hi Paul,
 >
 > >     $ mhlist
 > >      msg part  type/subtype              size description

 > >      123       multipart/mixed           7746
 > >          1     multipart/alternative     7287
 > >          1.1   text/html                 3850
 > >          1.2   text/plain                2987
 > >          2     text/plain                 138
 > >     $ mhshow -part 1.1
 > >     Date:    Wed, 05 Dec 2012 11:41:19 -0500
 > >     To:      ...
 > >     cc:      ...
 > >     From:    ...
 > >     Subject: ...
 > >

 > >     mhshow: don't know how to display any of the contents
 > >             (content multipart/alternative in message 123, part 1)
 >
 > Presumably -part 1.2 works OK?  I've
 >
 >     $ g html ~/.mh_profile
 >     mhshow-suffix-text/html: .html
 >     mhshow-show-text/html: lynx -dump -width `tput cols` '%F' | expand |
sed 's/  *$//' | cat -s | m
 >     $
 >
 > See mhshow(1).  ~/bin/m is an exec of less(1).

doh!  while testing that i forgot that i normally disable text/html by
default (in order to force selecting the text part), and that i'd have
to set a special $MHSHOW in this case.

it turns out that wasn't my only problem, though it fixed the example
above.  the original problem message i was working with looked like
this:

     msg part  type/subtype              size description

     168       multipart/alternative    1852K
         1     multipart/related        1852K
         1.1   text/html                  518
         1.2   image/jpeg               1370K
         2     text/plain                 139

attempting to "mhshow -part 1.2" gave the same error as above, even
if the $MHSHOW file supports the type.

it turns out that mhparse doesn't know about the "related" subtype.
adding it to the parser makes things work correctly.

unless anyone objects today, i'll push a simple patch which causes
"related" to be supported for both mhbuilding and mhparsing.  no
special processing is done -- it just causes the subtype to be
recognized.

paul