Re: [Nmh-workers] Garbage collection

2013-01-07 22:43:45
Note that we are discussing removing orthogonal programs from MH only to
clarify the focus of the program and to simply the build environment. We
are not discussing killing anything. If there is still interest, it
would be easy enough to package these items separately.

Mike O'Dell <mo(_at_)ccr(_dot_)org> writes:

I still use "slocal" because it does what I need easily and simply.

"procmail" is hardly a poster child for great software
UI design or implementation, and I would look very
dimly upon the prospect of re-implementing a
many-hundred-line .maildelivery file as the goo
required by "procmail".

as for the assertion that "it's OK to kill-off slocal because the
capability can be supplied by some other program",
that assertion applies with equal validity to the entirety of nmh.

    cheers,
    -mo