Re: [Nmh-workers] Garbage collection

2013-01-04 12:33:04
when we did use them, we handled them in sendmail or mmdf. in those days
i turned off all "make this replyable" translation in MH's address
handling, and took care of it as the original message passed in through
the MTA, before it hit the MUA. MH's idea of "mts" was always, in my
opinion, crazy.

We did that when we made DUMB the default.  I'm only proposing getting
rid of the last remnants of it.  And yeah, I agree with you ... but
then by the time I came along, it was pretty obvious that having a domain
address was the way to go and sending stuff via bang addresses was
pretty unreliable.