Re: [Nmh-workers] Garbage collection

2013-01-01 21:57:04
ken wrote:
- Remove dbm/ndbm dependency.  The ONLY reason nmh has a dependency on
  a db library is for duplicate suppression in slocal; if slocal finds
  a duplicate Message-ID, it discards it.  I didn't think getting a dbm
  library was so hard, but apparantly it is under Linux; the autoconf
  stuff for this is a giant mess.  I'm wondering ... do people actually
  use this functionality?  I'm thinking the days of using slocal in
  your .forward file have slowly been coming to an end.  At the very least
  we should make this functionality optional ... that would make things
  easier for Paul Fox, if no one else :-)

yow!  that's a 9 year old thread you're referring to!

paul