Re: [Nmh-workers] Garbage collection

2013-01-03 01:08:43
On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 20:57:03 -0500, Ken Hornstein said:

I don't disagree with you; I only report the news, I don't make it.
FWIW, "EBCDIC-safe" characters are the usual printable ones in ASCII,
but excluding odd choices like !, ", #, $, @. <, =, >.

Those characters are, oddly enough, not invariants across all the
various EBCDIC codepages.  That's why they aren't included in
the 'ebcdicsafe' array - if you send a '$' character and the
remote end has a different codepage, you'll get a different glyph
displayed.

Think of it as the same issue as 8859-N, just on Really Bad Drugs.