Re: [Nmh-workers] Ditch autoconf selection of pager?

2013-01-14 19:24:10
On 14 January 2013 at 9:06, Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>wrote:

As long as I'm there ... is it alright if get rid of --with-editor?
Hardcode a default of "vi"?

+1.  (Though it's optional under POSIX IIRC.)

Well, we could always have the default be "ed", the standard text editor.

      http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/ed-msg.html

Nothing wrong with 'ed' :-)
Some of used the 'learn' command when first introduced to Unix, and
that was the editor that we were taught.

--Ken

jerry
     // Jerry Heyman               | A government that is big enough to give
    //  Amigan Forever :-)         | you everything you want, is big enough
\\ //   heymanj at acm dot org     | to take away everything you have
 \X/    http://www.hobbeshollow.com| -- Thomas Jefferson