Re: [Nmh-workers] test/pick/test-pick failing on FreeBSD

2013-01-31 20:45:04

On 2013-01-31, at 6:35 PM, David Levine wrote:

So this means we *require* iconv to build nmh?

No, it means that the test suite could let the user know if
nmh in their current locale can't handle UTF-8.

The build slaves run in a very deliberately dumbed down generic environment.
Among other things, this means they run in the C locale.  This is deliberate --
it catches assumptions made or missed when developers run in different locales.

From what I'm seeing on FreeBSD, tests that are manipulating UTF8 text need to
explicitly set a UTF8 locale, at which point they run fine.  Perhaps this is
the case in general, and just hasn't been noticed before because the
developer's environments happen to be UTF8 friendly.  This might explain
what's happening on Solaris as well.