Re: [Nmh-workers] Every Three Minutes

2013-02-04 10:15:05
Why would you want to?  I'm just trying to think of the use case here.
send/post are designed to transmit mail to the Internet; seems like you
could replicate Fcc's functionality with refile

refile doesn't affix the time stamps etc that post does.

Fair enough.

Until yesterday, when you slapped my hands, I achieved this
functionality, by "cc: norm(_at_)dad(_dot_)org", or sometimes "cc: norm" with
"send -server localhost"

I hope you realize I was just kidding around.  I'm (mostly) fine with
people cc'ing themselves on email, but I personally think Fcc: is a
lot more efficient (also, I have never in my life needed to refer to a
message-id header from one of my outgoing messages, so that's probably
another reason I'm fine with it).  I also never just send email to myself,
but I could (maybe) see why you'd want to do it.

The more I think about it ... hm, I could see some pitfalls here.  The
out of the box configuration includes Fcc: +outbox.  That means if we
allowed a blank To: and cc: header, it would be easy for a user to think
email was sent, but it wouldn't actually go anywhere.  So I think we'd
have to think more about that.