Re: [Nmh-workers] Every Three Minutes

2013-02-02 12:58:38
Ralph Corderoy <ralph(_at_)inputplus(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:
Hi Norm,

Also, have you more than one machine on your network that deals with
email?  Only a single Postfix wouldn't normally loop on an error like
that, for obvious reasons, so I wonder if you've multiple parties on
your network, nothing to do with the ISP, and this is chatter amongst
themselves.  If so, you need to be looking at the queues on the one
sending the email; lad.dad.org?

If you just want some peace whilst looking, stopping the postfix(s) one
by one may help.  `sudo /etc/init.d/postfix stop' or whatever your Unix
prefers

As far as I know, lad.dad.org is the only local computer involved, in any way,
with Email.

I stopped postfix.  The deluge stopped and as nearly as I can tell Email to and
from lad.dad.org  is now working fine.

Apparently, postfix was doing nothing for me except to tell me when mail I send
is unsatisfactory in some respects. And then to nag me mercilessly.

I assume that if I restart postfix, the deluge will continue. But if I don't I
will never be notified of errant Email,

Help !!

    Norman hapiro