Re: [Nmh-workers] Pasing stdin to "inc -file" ?

2013-02-15 16:30:31
Ron wrote:

The normal way to handle your second problem is to set $MHCONTEXT

OK.  To what?

See the mh-profile(5) man page.  For your purpose, as I
understand it, that file can be empty.  /dev/null should
work.

Suggestion:  In the man page for "inc", perhaps it would
be a Good Idea to list slocal in the SEE ALSO section (?)

Better, I think, is the rearrangment of the list of commands
by topic in the nmh(7) man page in the next release:

   Incorporating
       inc(1)          incorporate new mail

       Related utilities:

       burst(1)        explode digests into messages
       msgchk(1)       check for messages
       rcvdist(1)      asynchronously redistribute new mail
       rcvpack(1)      append message to file
       rcvstore(1)     asynchronously incorporate new mail
       slocal(1)       asynchronously filter and deliver new mail

It appears to me that slocal is intended to take the place
of procmail.  Is that correct?

Yes.

David