Re: [Nmh-workers] message rewrite/fix up

2013-02-18 05:20:11
Hi David,

Tet wrote:
Ralph Corderoy writes:
       MIME messages are specified in RFC-2045 thru RFC-2049

`through'!  ;-)

If we're being picky about it, 'to'! :-)

That was a copy and paste from one of the four other man pages that
has "thru".  I'll change them all to "to", though my American English
upbringing might suggest "through".

My English English upbringing would use `to' but sometimes like
`...inclusive' where there's ambiguity;  clearly not needed here.  It
seems exposure to American has had me take `through' as inclusive and
the Usage note at
http://oald8.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/dictionary/inclusive agrees.
I'm only pointing this out because I was unsure, benefits of a British
state education, went off to find out, and thought it may interest
others.  :-)

Cheers, Ralph.