Re: [Nmh-workers] message rewrite/fix up

2013-02-10 15:53:00
Ralph wrote:

:-) It also avoids reading the whole of the email.  BTW,
your brackets for tr are actually asking it to
transliterate an open bracket to an open bracket and so
on.

Thanks.  I avoid sed, tr, etc., as I'm sure you can tell.

 #      Message-IDs should be unique, so there should be no need to
 #      backup a file with the same name, especially if it is
 #      malicious.  If the backup file already exists, use 2).

Even if they are unique, and I've had incoming ones that aren't,
they could differ in a way that's removed by y#/#.#.  I wonder if
the fallback should be to use $mi as the base for whatever the POSIX
way of mktemp(1) is and let it avoid the clash.

I don't see a POSIX program to make a temp file, so it might
be best to write a trivial program using mktemp(3).  But
that's beyond what I want to do now.  Especially given that,
if they're not unique without the substitution, a backup
message might be lost anyway.  I'll note the deficiencies it
in the documentation.

David