Re: [Nmh-workers] message rewrite/fix up

2013-02-09 16:46:59
Hi David,

For my needs I'd be happy with something that turned all parts into
sane representations, e.g. kept text/html as such, moved to utf-8,
moved to 8-bit if reasonably else base64; quoted-printable wouldn't
be needed?

Not sure what you're saying about base64 and q-p?  That charset
translation must include decoding of the part?

It needn't theoretically but my end-point is greppability so utf-8 is
wanted.  And anything that can be text should be, so 8-bit.  Anything
that can't should probably be base64.  QP is likely to be redundant if
utf-8 8-bit is available AFAICS.

Changing charset to utf-8 without the end result also being 8-bit isn't
very useful for *me*.

Cheers, Ralph.