Re: [Nmh-workers] message rewrite/fix up

2013-02-09 13:01:21
Hi David,

  mhfixmsg [+folder [msgs] | -file file] [-outfile file]

Are stdin and stdout required?  An `anno -inplace' on an existing
message would seem adequate.

Attempt to backup the input file using the directory found by:
  1) If input is a message, the folder of the message.
  2) If input is a file, the directory of the file.
  3) If input is standard input, the user's MH Path directory.

Don't bother backing up stdin, it's transient by definition.

and using one of these for the filename, in order:
  1) Message-ID with all / converted to periods, if file does
     not already exist.
  2) Message-ID with all / and \ converted to periods, if file
     does not already exist.  (Need this for Windows.)
  3) Concatenation of BACKUP_PREFIX (usually ",") and input
     filename.  For stdin, that is a tmp filename of form
     mhfixmsg-XXXXXX.

Why not replace all three with rmmproc;  I've already got that doing
what *I* want.  It's a pain it's not used everywhere as it is without
adding more exceptions.

Cheers, Ralph.