Re: [Nmh-workers] message rewrite/fix up

2013-02-09 11:25:55
Ralph wrote:

Hi David,

I'm not a w3m user but I think that formats the HTML into text?

Yes, but it handles any text.

What do you use for HTML, if anything?  It looks like I'll
have to figure out if whatever gets used does the charset
translation or not.

I was interested in a base64 windows-1252 text/plain staying as
text/plain but utf-8 and 8-bit.  IOW, ideal for grep.

We should be able to do that with iconv.  (I assume you have
that?)

I'm trying to figure out where to enable character translation,
as in:  which message parts does a command line switch apply to?
For MIME-encoded parts, we could support:

  mhfixmsg -debase64 -translate-to charset

  mhfixmsg -deqp -translate-to charset

  mhfixmsg -part number -translate-to charset

  mhfixmsg -type content -translate-to charset

I'm not fond of switches that depend on position in the
command line, which would necessary to support combining
the above.  But this avoids having to support optional
arguments to a switch and is clear about what each switch
is for.

Or is there a less confusing approach?

David