Re: [Nmh-workers] message rewrite/fix up

2013-02-04 20:44:34
Thinking a bit more about pick:  I'd expect a pick that had
to decode and translate via an external program on the fly
would be way too slow.  I grep through 10's of 1000's of
messages at a time.  I definitely want the permanent message
modification.

Yeah, but why would it have to call an external program?  We have all
of the bits necessary internally.  In a perfect world, I'd like pick
to have enough smarts to search through text/* parts by default (and
to convert to the local character set) when searching.

Not saying you _shouldn't_ do it, but I still think we should make all
of the tools handle MIME parts natively.  We're 60-70% the way there on
show, we've basically got repl working, and forw ... well, if you do
forw -mime, it does preserve the MIME content completely.