Re: [Nmh-workers] message rewrite/fix up

2013-02-08 20:50:09

On 2013-02-03, at 10:18 AM, David Levine wrote:

I've been getting text emails with only a text/html
Content-Type, with no alternative text/plain part.
Microsoft Exchange and Outlook have settings to do that:

 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998896(v=exchg.65).aspx
 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323195

This is so annoying (/rude) that I'm finally going to cobble
up a utility to rewrite a message.

FWIW, nedmail and friends on Plan9 punt in text/html by piping the part through
htmlfmt(1).  This turns things into a reasonable text representation, absent
javascript and obtuse use of frames and tables.  It works surprisingly well for
most of the HTML-only content I get stuck with.

I don't see why this wouldn't work for nmh.  The overhead is light – no more so
than invoking less(1).

--lyndon