Re: [Nmh-workers] message rewrite/fix up

2013-02-04 08:06:22
david wrote:
Ken wrote:

Although, if you're grep'ing for something, you'd think you'd
still find it in text/html (if it wasn't base64-encoded).

Might as well go to text/plain along with decoding.
Even Q-P is bothersome, esp. for replying.

Perhaps we should think about extending pick to decoding
base64 and q-p for part searching.

My thinking at this point is to make the guts of the
fixer-upper available to repl and forw.  I hadn't thought
about pick but it should be able to use them as well.

are you picturing a one-time "fix this message" command, which leaves
it greppable, replyable, editable, etc, but fundamentally changed, or
more of a library of operations that are applied any time we want to
do one of those things to a message, in order to leave the original
unchanged?

i thought you were planning the former (which i think i'd prefer, if
we trusted it :-), but what you say above makes me no longer sure.

paul