Re: [Nmh-workers] message rewrite/fix up

2013-02-09 13:06:28
Hi David,

What do you use for HTML, if anything?

Currently

    lynx -dump -width `tput cols` '%F' |
    expand | sed 's/  *$//' | cat -s

I was interested in a base64 windows-1252 text/plain staying as
text/plain but utf-8 and 8-bit.  IOW, ideal for grep.

We should be able to do that with iconv.  (I assume you have that?)

Yes, iconv's here.

I'm trying to figure out where to enable character translation, as in:
which message parts does a command line switch apply to?

Yes, tricky.  For my needs I'd be happy with something that turned all
parts into sane representations, e.g. kept text/html as such, moved to
utf-8, moved to 8-bit if reasonably else base64;  quoted-printable
wouldn't be needed?

Cheers, Ralph.