Re: [Nmh-workers] Syntax for choosing content transfer encoding

2013-02-26 22:15:40
That has the small advantage of not needing to handle a bad
CTE specification.

Well, yeah, but I figured that would be something mhbuild would check
and reject if it was invalid.

Something I noticed recently that doesn't directly impact
this, but has slowed my migration to 8bit:  the nmh MIME
parser can't handle it.  I'm squashing strlen(), fgets(),
fputs(), etc., as I find them, but it'll take a while.

Are you sure?  According to RFC 2045, Section 2.8, NULs are not
permitted in 8bit data (binary, yes, but we don't claim to support
that).  So I think anything that handles a C string should be fine.
Unless there's something I'm missing (which is always possible).