Re: [Nmh-workers] Syntax for choosing content transfer encoding

2013-02-27 19:53:34
Ken wrote:

Also, I've occasionally had to deal with
"application/x-patch" parts and those are by default
encoded with base64; I'd rather do 7bit or 8bit.

Looking quickly, I would think that mhbuild would use 7bit
if safe:

    case CT_APPLICATION:
        /* For application type, use base64, except when postscript */
        if (contains8bit || linelen || linespace || checksw)
            ct->c_encoding = (ct->c_subtype == APPLICATION_POSTSCRIPT)
                ? CE_QUOTED : CE_BASE64;
        else
            ct->c_encoding = CE_7BIT;

And I'm not fond of that special handling for postcript,
though maybe someone still depends on it.

David