Re: [Nmh-workers] Type in the mark man page

2013-03-25 10:24:04
On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 07:18:50 -0700, norm(_at_)dad(_dot_)org said:
The mark man page (version nmh-1.5) has:

      'As expected, the command "mark -sequence foo -delete all" deletes the
sequence "foo" from the current folder.'

I think that what is meant is

      'As expected, the command "mark -sequence foo -delete all" deletes all
the messages in the current folder from the sequence "foo".'

I haven't had my caffeine yet.  Having said that, would use of the word
'remove' be better?  And yes, I read that several times and still being
unclear whether it means "Remove from the folder all messages currently
in the sequence foo" or "remove from the sequence foo all the selected
messages".

So reworking it to use the phrasing "remove from the <object being modified>"
would probably be a Good Thing.