[Nmh-workers] files created by Fcc header always have mode 0600

2013-05-03 13:04:09
Platform: nmh-1.5 on Solaris 10 SPARC

Is the intended behavior of an Fcc header that
the files it writes always have mode 0600,
regardless of other settings?

--

When I use comp with an Fcc header, the file written
to the Fcc folder always have mode 0600.

My umask is 022, and in .mh_profile I have:
Msg-Protect: 0644
Folder-Protect: 0755

I expected the file written to the Fcc folder to
have mode 0644 rather the 0600 I I actually see.

It looks like post gets called, creates a temp file (MAILDIR/postXXXXXX)
with permission 0600, then performs chmod(0600) on that file,
then later calls refile to link that temp file into the Fcc folder.

I see that post(1) says that post doesn't read mh_profile,
so it's no surprise that Msg-Protect isn't used.

Irwin Tillman