Re: [Nmh-workers] mh-aliases and '*' expansion

2013-05-25 19:31:09
We currently alias expand '*' to every account in the password database
with a UID>200. This seems anachronistic to say the least.  Tell me why
I shouldn't eradicate this code forthwith.

I cannot imagine any reasonable use for this code; I vote for removing
it completely.  Sure, there may be some museum piece that uses this
code, but I say let them continue to use MH 6.8.5 if they really need it.
I'm personally not a fan of leaving the code but removing the documentation;
it should be all or nothing, in my mind.

And remind me ... weren't you the one who advocated everyone reading
meillo's thesis, where he makes a compelling case for removing _exactly_
stuff like this? :-)