[Nmh-workers] Weird behavior with non-ascii code in headers

2013-06-26 09:57:25
So, *somehow*, still not quite sure how, I got the following
header in a message:

From: MarXa Soler Heredia <meccomaria(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>

where the 'X' is a 0xED character (accented i), totally bereft of any encoding
that should have been there.

This apparently gives multiple parts of nmh indigestion in components, as both
of the following *silently* give up when they hit the 0xED, and fail to output
the rest of the name or email address.

%(decode(friendly{from})
%(formataddr{to})

Found this out the hard way - had my reply mail bounce because my reply to
the mail had 'To: Mar' and my MTA freaked.

Yes, I know dealing with untagged non-ascii that contains characters not
in the current locale (0xED isn't valid UTF-8), but surely we can do
better than silently fail?