Re: [Nmh-workers] Weird behavior with non-ascii code in headers

2013-06-26 11:30:39
On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 11:06:47 -0400, Ken Hornstein said:

Found this out the hard way - had my reply mail bounce because my reply
to the mail had 'To: Mar' and my MTA freaked.

It might be interesting to understand the failure there.

Basiclly, my 'repl' template uses %formataddr(), and instead of getting:

To: MarXa Soler Heredia <meccomaria(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>  (where X is a oxED)
I got
To: Mar

which didn't work very well once the MTA looked at it...

Sigh.  It's a tough problem.  Let me ask you: what do you want to happen?

fprintf(stderr,"non-convertible char found near
%s",*(max(source_string,bad_char-5))
would be an improvement...

(and yes, I know about the ugly of passing 2 address poiinters to max :)