Re: [Nmh-workers] Locking. Horrible, horrible, locking ...

2013-06-30 17:50:52
On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 15:21:09 -0700, Lyndon Nerenberg said:
But now I'm asking "why would anyone want to change these?"  On any given
UNIX platform, there is one way to lock files in the general case (and perhaps
separately in the mbox case), and every other app I've seen just compiles in
those methods and calls it a day.  Do we really need to be able to switch this
stuff at run time?

Only use case I can think of is if the system's native VFS has one preferred
locking method, but some files are on NFS and require different locking?