Re: [Nmh-workers] Locking. Horrible, horrible, locking ...

2013-06-30 20:33:16
So you compile with lockf on a system running AFS.  Don't tell me
this is a burden.  Any shop running AFS is going to be well aware of
the underlying issues related to it and capable of dealing with it
themselves.

But ... why?  I mean, seriously.  That means that people who use
system-provided nmh packages lose.  I always thought compile-time
configuration was something that was to be avoided.  What exactly is
your beef with making it runtime configurable?

And how come you're bringing this up NOW, instead of when we hashed
this all out in March?  I proposed run-time locking configuration, and
David Levine chimed in, saying he thought it would be a good idea.
You posted on that thread a fair amout, but you never said anything
about that bit, so I thought you at least had no objections, so I figured
everyone was all on board.  So why is this a big deal now?